Tuesday 23 May 2017

Review - I Hate That You Bloody Left Me - a delightful farce


Date read: 23 May 2017

My rating: 5*

Genre I reckon: Farce, humour

Buy Link: Amazon




Firstly, sorry I've been quiet on here. I've been busy writing and not had much time for reading. But I managed to find the time for this little gem. And I'm very glad I did.

I was intrigued by this book when I saw it advertised.

I can only describe it as a farce (in the nice, theatrical sense).
Three widows in their later years join a group on fb. Little did they know they were all connected by one photograph.

The characters are well developed, and Fleur in particular is wonderfully whacky.
There's a wonderful adventure of misadventures as they seek answers to help them with their bereavement through a psychic medium.


We are taken to Islay in Scotland to enjoy some beautiful scenery (and tasty whisky) as well.

A very sad topic given a wonderful sense of humour which I found refreshing.

There's whimsy and frolics galore.

Definite recommend to a friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment