Saturday 27 October 2018

Interview With an Author - Number 5 - K.L. Montgomery


Author Bio

K.L. Montgomery grew up in Greencastle, Indiana, and studied psychology and library science at Indiana University. 

After a career as a librarian, she now writes novels and wrangles three sons and four cats at her home in rural Delaware, which she shares with her husband and the aforementioned creatures. 

She has an undying love of Broadway musicals, the beach, the color teal, IU basketball, paisleys, and dark chocolate.




Author name: K.L. Montgomery

Are you a traditionally published/indie/hybrid author?
Indie – I own Mountains Wanted Publishing 

What was the last book you released?
Badge Bunny - part of the Romance in Rehoboth Series, where the ladies are strong and independent and the men are actually nice guys. 














How long have you been writing?
Since I learned to read around age 3-4 😊 

What is the most challenging thing about writing for you?
Trying to balance my style with readers’ expectations. 

And what is the best thing about writing?  
Readers telling me that I’ve changed their mind about something, or I’ve affected them emotionally. 

Where is your favourite writing spot?
My office or my bed. 

What do you do during times of self-doubt or (goodness forbid) if “writer’s block” strikes? 
I don’t ever really doubt my writing, but I do get down when sales are waning. Then I usually just push through and focus on the writing part and try not to focus on sales. 

What is the most frivolous thing you’ve purchased with your royalties?
Oh, good question. I took my entire family to Disney World with royalties about six months ago (that I’d saved over several months LOL) 

What is the best writing advice you’ve ever received?
Just keep writing. The more you write, the better you are at it. 
So true! 

Do you prefer tea/coffee/hot chocolate?
Coffee! 

Is there anything you’d like to add…?  
Thank you for giving me this opportunity! 


*You can follow K.L. Montgomery on:

No comments:

Post a Comment