Monday 12 December 2016

2016 Yuletide Ponderings


I'm British (as I may have mentioned), so I still wish you all a Merry Christmas.

It's funny. Across the years I've become Buddhistish/Paganish...spritual. Yet I still utter this phrase without thought of offense. 
I realise this is not the case across the globe, and this saddens me. 

But I'm in danger of getting political, and that's not my intention.

2016 has been a turbulent year.
There have been some pretty major shocks in the political and celebrity worlds.
There's been some bumps in my personal life; the latest being that I just quit my day job after a long period of illness. 

However, many of my friends have been posting their Facebook 2016 videos. 
What I saw was many many happy memories. 

It struck me that when times get crazy we tend to forget to count our blessings. It's all too easy to do. I myself am guilty of this.

So take a moment now. Can you tick off any on this list...?
  • You have a roof over your head
  • You have food in your belly
  • You have clean running water
  • You have clothes on your back
  • You were able to attend school
  • You have joy

These are fairly fundamental basics in life, but so many across our little planet don't have these.
So if you do you're doing pretty great actually.

I send extra love and light to all those in need of any/all on this list.
And at this time of year especially I send peaceful wishes across the globe.

So, whatever you're celebrating at this time, may your days be merry and bright.
Eat and be merry.
And give thanks for your many blessings.

Always in love and light,
TL



No comments:

Post a Comment