Thursday 22 September 2016

Review - Flight Instructions - a real journey

Rating: 4*
Read: November 2015
Category: Memoir


I don't normally read memoirs, but I am very glad I read this one.

Wow; what a journey!
OK, so there's not so much in the way of instructions as I was expecting/hoping for, but I'll gloss over that.

What this book is is a remarkable story of a lady intent on beating herself up for merely following her life's path.

I don't think it's a spoiler to say that the author left her husband and young children.
Her path of recovery from this is contained in the book. And she certainly took the harder path.

It also shows a great insight into what it feels like to be born to an alcoholic parent.

I recommend this book to anyone needing to feel comfort from a shared experience. 






No comments:

Post a Comment