Tuesday 30 October 2018

Interview With an Author - Numer 8 - Ysa Arcangel


Author Bio
Ysa Arcangel is the author of the Moments to Remember Series, Underneath It All and Love at First Sit. She has also written an urban fantasy novella, "Nexus Series Book 1: Anathema". She is based in Manila and is a loving partner to a very talented chef. She is also a fan of tattoos, a lover of giant dogs, and an enthusiast of extreme sports.





Author name: Ysa Arcangel

Are you a traditionally publisdhe/indie/hybrid author? 
I’m a hybrid author. Indie and published with Limitless Publishing. 

What was the last book you released?
I have a new book titled Love at First Kiss. It’s the second book under my Single Moms TribeCollection. It is now up for pre-order! 










How long have you been writing? 
I’ve always been a reader and the thought of being an author never crossed my mind until I joined a read and write site back 2011. 
The first book I finished had over 2M reads! People read it and liked it – that felt like being on a cloud 9! 

What is the most challenging thing about writing for you?
 
Each aspect of writing has its challenges for me from plotting of ideas, pantsing all the way through, publishing and marketing the book. 
What challenged me the most is Revision. Just when I thought I had it all figured out my editor would drop the bomb and would make me revise the story because it wasn'y reader sensitive, the sex wasn't consensual, the encounter wasn't believable yada yada yada. So yeah, revision.

And what is the best thing about writing?  
For me, the best thing about writing is escaping into a different world. 
Writing gave me the power to be in places I haven’t been, live lives I will never live and be in situations that I may never experience. Writing makes me feels things. Bonus is having the sense of community and money of course ;) 

Where is your favourite writing spot?
I mostly do it in my bedroom. One day I'd like to have my own nook.  Right now, everywhere is my ideal writing spot for as long as there's a close enough socket to plug my laptop in.

What do you do during times of self-doubt or (goodness forbid) if “writer’s block” strikes? 
I usually run and do household chores. It’s okay to take a break. Even J. K. Rowling takes break! Don’t feel guilty if you’re not in the mood to write. 

What is the most frivolous thing you’ve purchased with your royalties?
 Food! I took my family out for a buffet dinner. 

What is the best writing advice you’ve ever received?
Writing is a marathon, not a sprint. 

Do you prefer tea/coffee/hot chocolate?
I'll go for a toe-curling cup of great coffee every time. 

Is there anything you’d like to add…?  
I really enjoyed this interview. Thank you for making me part of this! 


*You can follow Ysa here:

Subscribe to Newsletter: http://bit.ly/ysaarcangelnewsletter


No comments:

Post a Comment