Saturday 23 February 2019

REVIEW - Compendium of Magical Things - pretty gosh darned magical


Date read: 23rd February 2019

My rating: 5*

Genre I reckon: Non-fiction, spiritual guidance

Buy link: Amazon





What a joyful book! I follow Radleigh’s wonderful readings on Instagram, so as I read this fabulous compendium, I could hear his voice in my head. If you don’t know; Radleigh sounds so joyous there’s almost a permanent giggle in his voice.

As to the content; it has a brief outline of many different divination tools which you can use to contact Spirit/Source/God/Divine (Radleigh rather obligingly frees you to choose the name you prefer).

As he points out, it is an introduction into each, as they all would demand a very large book on their own to go into great detail. But there’s sufficient information to give you an insight and a great start.

Radleigh’s humour is apparent throughout, and it’s more a conversation with the author than a dry, boring manual. It really is quite a fun read. I know; I just said that about a non-fiction book; wonders will never cease!

He makes it OK to think about it. I know so many people put off some things such as tarot, as they’ve watched too many movies. But Radleigh’s friendly explanations seek to reassure people a) the connection is divine b) not necessarily religious (particularly in context of meditation).

As a Reiki Master myself, I was having a conversation with a Methodist about my practice. She had difficulty trying to see past the source of the energy I channel. It’s Universal energy, but her beliefs meant she could only see this as claiming to be her version of God, and that somehow made it sacrilegious. And that’s OK; as Radleigh is keen to highlight, we’re all allowed our own views. Trying to keep an open mind enough to explore other options is very exciting though, so I think we both urge you to try.

Now, I’ve explored most of the things discussed in this book already, and am well-acquainted with my chosen ones. However, I still found this compendium useful. I’ve been prompted to revisit some things. For instance, I looked back through my birth chart, which now makes a lot more sense to me. And I looked up my numerology as well – kinda wish I hadn’t read the Name Essence though; tough times ahead, but forewarned is forearmed, and I can now prepare. Baton down the hatches!

So, you’ve seen the cover read the blurb, and some reviews. Should you read this one? You sure should!
Look, you’re obviously curious about things such as angels/tarot/astrology, so what are you waiting for? At least discover what your options are. And Radleigh explains in a way you will understand in his own wonderfully witty way.

Still not sure? See what your pendulum says ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment