Sunday 7 April 2019

REVIEW - The Hating Game - which is...lovely


Date read: 7th April 2019

My rating: 5*

Genre I reckon: Romcom

Buy link: Amazon





Let me start this review by saying that I canvassed people on Facebook - I was looking for something frivolous and fun, preferably with a romantic theme. This was amongst the suggestions, and it fulfilled the spec beautifully.

The dynamic between Lucy and her co-worker Josh is tense and ridiculous all at once.
The result may not be terribly surprising, but the journey is wonderful. I chuckled many times, and sometimes cringed. I willed her to 'wake up and smell the coffee'.

Both have their own story to tell, full of torment. But not before they have tormented each other.

A story well told.
One of those books I really had trouble putting down. A proper page-turner.

So, if like me, you're in the mood for something frivolous, pick this one up now.

Photo as seen in my Instagram
- my new book review image :)


Always in love and light,
TL


2 comments:

  1. Love the review... Will definitely move it up on my tbr to the top 5 than the middle...

    ReplyDelete