Saturday 29 June 2024

REVIEW - BEAST LAID PLANS - Beastly!

Beast Laid Plans by Kim M Watt

Date read: 29th June 2024

My rating: 5* 

Genre I reckon: Dragony WI Cosy Mystery

Buy link: Amazon 


I'm still ambling my way through the Beaufort Scales series. And this one may be the best yet. A fine mix of the endearing chaos and loathsome danger. When the WI goes bad! 

A village further along the Yorkshire Dales is host to the madness only monster hunters can bring. But the Toot Hansell hipster dragon has gone missing, and all eyes turn to that village. Is Gilbert OK?

The usual host of marvellous characters aren't likely to sit still when one of their own goes missing and needs them. Ladies of a certain age unite! And rope in our favourite police and distant relatives.

The language used is so eloquent - descriptions lull you into the folds of the Dales with poetic beauty. Juxtaposed with riveting peril. These books are simply charming yet enthralling. 

And I keep diving in for some comfort reading I know I'll enjoy. 



Always in love and light,
TL


No comments:

Post a Comment