Friday 27 October 2017

REVIEW - Watermelon is nuts!



Date read: 27th October 2017

My rating: 4.5*

Genre I reckon: Chick-lit

Buy Link: Amazon




Oh dear, I've not read many excellent books this year. Apologies I've been quiet on here. I've been ever so busy.

Anyway, I've finally read a book worthy of a blog post.

I have seen and heard Marian Keyes interviewed, and have recently started stalking...err...following her on Twitter. She comes across as mad as a box of frogs, in a deliciously wonderful sort of way.

This is actually my 1st time reading one of her novels (*insert shocked gasps here*)

And I'm delighted to find she writes as she speaks.
It's very chatty, and liable to rambling, but I love it.

I love how even Claire's internal thoughts and emotions are given life; they talk to each other and jockey for position in her head.

The story is brutally real (no Mills & Boon-ness here!), and tragically funny. The story should be really sad, given poor Claire's fall from grace. But it's dotted with humour which had me giggling like a fool.

btw watermelon refers to Claire's shape when she's pregnant. And I miss its depiction on the cover. It seems to have been given the boot completely now, which is sad.

Is it perfectly written without mistakes? No.
Is it going to appeal to everyone? What person does?
Do I care? Not a jot.

I'm going to be reading a lot more books by this lady.


btw, Marian is on Twitter and is so open on there as well as funny. 


Always in love and light,
TL

No comments:

Post a Comment