Tuesday 24 September 2019

REVIEW - The Incredible Aunty Awesomesauce - pretty awesome as it happens

Date read: 24th September 2019

My rating: 4.5*

Genre I reckon: YA Humorous Sci-fi

Buy link: Amazon

Follow author on Facebook: JS Frankel




I read Catnip by this author before - see that review here
I enjoyed that one so much I wanted to read more by the same author. It's taken me a while thanks to a mahoosive TBR pile, but I was not disappointed.

A recently orphaned, troubled teen meets his estranged aunty who's out of this world - no, really, she is.

Loads of tension as aliens are on the hunt, mix in home security, a fab girlfriend and bullies...still not done...there's the author's wit too. All of this adds up to a story which is...well, pretty awesome.

This story is unlike any I've ever read. So refreshing in its originality. Sort of felt like a comic book (in a good way).

There's a subtle undertone of accepting diversity; not in a preachy way but in an amusing one.

Cool for all ages, but it is aimed at teens.
Give it a go.


Always in love and light,

TL

2 comments: