Wednesday 23 December 2020

REVIEW - A Toot Hansell Christmas Cracker - a cracking good read

Date read: 22nd December 2020

My rating: 5*
Genre I reckon: Christmas Dragony Adventures
Buy link: Amazon 

Follow the author: Kim Watt 



Back in August, I read Baking Bad - one of my few 5* reads of this year. 
I was overjoyed to see a Christmas book also set in Toot Hansell. 

This book is a collection of 12 short stories, each filled with pesky magickal beings, the WI and calamity. They all tie up together nicely. AND you get handy Christmassy recipes included - bonus! 

Well, what can I say? 
Utter chaos unfolds on the run-up to Christmas in Toot Hansell. 
The WI seek assistance from their dragon friends who are, as usual, a bit clueless themselves. 

Not only do you get Beaufort and Mortimer; the charming dragons with a baked goods obsession, but many other beings (not all good!). 

There is such a wonderful quaint English village charm in these books - just adorable. 
And the stories are all fun and sure to get you in the festive mood. 
I'm definitely never getting an elf-on-the-shelf; never did trust that smug little git ;-) 

There's danger, excitement, humour and plenty of cake!


I love this Toot Hansell world! There, I said it. 
Give it a read. 

Always in love and light,
TL


No comments:

Post a Comment