Thursday 13 October 2022

REVIEW - A CONTAGION OF ZOMBIES - Grreat!

Gobbelino London & a Contagion of Zombies by Kim Watt

Date read: 13th October 2022

My rating: 4.5*
Genre I reckon: Cosy Paranormal Detective

Buy link: Amazon 


Review of book 1, '...a Scourge of Pleasantries" can be found here.

I love this series. Gobbelino London is a cat, and he's the narrator. He's also rather shady. As is his human, Callum. At least, they both seem to have dark pasts. But they're making up for it now with their paranormal detective agency. 

This book involves an outbreak of zombie-ism, including some headless chickens!? 

There is a real mystery in why there are zombies, and what on earth are the pair going to do about them? "No baby goats!"

Witty banter bursts off the pages along with snarky comments (mostly from Gobs). The side characters are amazingly fun. I adore Big Ted who challenges those with preconceived notions of the homeless. And maybe I like sphynx cats a little bit more now - but still, I prefer my cats with fur. 

All of this manic action takes place in the murkier depths of Leeds. An unusual setting, but I love it.

Although full of tension, this book manages to not be overly scary; a great achievement for a zombie book! 

Go on, grab this book - no tricks, just treats.



Always in love and light,
TL



No comments:

Post a Comment