Wednesday 1 February 2023

Book News - I've written a 'How To Write' book

 


After ten years of writing and self-publishing, I thought it was about time I shared some of the knowledge I've accrued. 

How To Write A Historical Novel And Love It is a beginner's guide to researching, writing and publishing a historical book. To be fair, all newbie authors may find the writing tips and publishing sections useful. 


If you’re new to writing, this book will:

~ Show you which aspects of history to research before you ‘put pen to paper’

~ Give easy step-by-step prompts and tasks to set you on the right path for your writing journey through time

~ Guide you through your options once you’ve successfully typed “The End”

~ Provide tips on writing, formatting, publishing, and advertising

~ Supply you with an easy-to-follow checklist of self-publishing tasks.


Available in ebook and paperback from all good online retailers. Launching 01 March 2023, but available for pre-order now.



Always in love and light,

TL





4 comments:

  1. Dear TL: I think I found you at the right time. I just ordered your book this morning. I want to write a historical novel about either Matilda, wife of Williams the Conqueror, or Aethelflaed, the daughter of Alfred the Great. From where I sit now, I think Matilda might be more difficult to research. I'm reading Tracy Borman's biography of her at the moment. I also have two books on Aethelflaed thus far.

    I've been a freelance writer for years, but have never contemplated a project like this. (I think I want to do it to get a trip to London LOL). Seriously, your book sounded like just what will help me do this. I know it's a huge undertaking and that it will take time to get it just right.

    Would you mind if I contacted you once in a great while if I have a question? The research end of this feels VERY intimidating. If not, please don't hesitate to say so.

    Looking forward to getting the book - it arrives tomorrow! Cheers!

    Lara Carter
    Greensboro NC USA

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS - I have a blog on Blogger called "One Eye On The Future", all about one of my one-eyed black cats. Feel free to take a look. Sadly, I haven't posted in it for quite some time. Life! :(

    L.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How marvellous! And, uncannily enough, I reference both kings in my book. Don't get excited; it's mere mentions. And yes, you absolutely can ask me questions from time to time. I will help where I can. Follow the link on the top of this page to my Instagram for the most effective way to message me. Good luck! I really want you to keep me posted on your progress xx

      Delete
  3. I think you can access it from here - somehow.

    ReplyDelete