Friday 3 November 2023

REVIEW - The Crown - Glory Be


The Crown by Nancy Bilyeau
 

Date read: 3rd November 2023

My rating: 4.5*
Genre I reckon: Historical fiction (which has murder mystery and a hint of romance)

Buy link: Amazon 


I actually discovered this book whilst researching my own novel, and I'm so glad I did.

The author has carefully weaved threads of real history into this fictional world, as marvellous as one of the tapestries made in the story.

Joanna Stafford (of the infamous Stafford family), is a novice nun at Dartford Priory.

Her strong ties to family vie with her staunch religious beliefs in this tale of woe and mystery.

There is a burning at the stake, imprisonment in The Tower of London, secret passageways, murder and sleuthing, Tudor style.

This was clearly very well-researched. And the characters are all intriguing. Brother Richard and Geoffrey Scoville are two of my favourites.

I felt immersed in Tudor life throughout.

A fab historical fiction (which has murder mystery and a hint of romance).

4.5*



Always in love and light,
TL

No comments:

Post a Comment