Tuesday 27 August 2019

Regency Love - the details


OK, so over the past 16 posts, I've shared the plethora of research I gathered whilst writing my book.
And yes, I've included sneaky links to said book at the bottom of the posts - you can't blame a girl for trying 😉

But I thought I'd do a quick post all about the book itself.

Why did I write it?
Well, you may know that I have an author mission; to explore the many kinds of love.
And, as a lifelong fan of Jane Austen and Charlotte Brontë (Jane Eyre is my all time favourite book), I wanted to follow in their footsteps.
Thus I find myself stepping back some two hundred years to explore love in Regency England.

So many Regency books I read either stop at marriage or involve indulgent naughtiness pre-marriage. But I wanted to go further than this. I wanted to portray a realistic story, feeling their were plenty of tales yet to be told.
What did women truly feel at the time? Did they go along with marriage blindly?
Although love was being considered during marital selection, this was also limited by the constraints of class.
I didn't want a poor girl chasing a duke. Lady Anne IS the daughter of a duke. She must have had something to say, but had no voice at the time. This author decided it was high time she was given an outlet.

What's it about then?
Regency Love - Reflections of a Young Lady is Lady Anne's story.
We join her as she enters the marriage mart, having been "bred for purpose". She is full of trepidation and excitement. She has no idea who she will find herself married to.

During her journey, she discovers that not all of the Ton are honourable. And secrets come to light.

She is not alone. There are two main girl friends who are going through the same process, and they support one another as they make their entry into Society.

But, this book does not close the doors at the church. Come and explore married life for those "fortunate" enough to succeed.

Choice is but an illusion. This is Regency England, where fortunes are won and lost with alarming regularity. Who amongst the nobility has kept and who has squandered the family fortune? 
Gossip and intrigue are rife amongst The Ton. Not all are honourable. And not all marriages are equal. 



Is it any good? 
How very dare you! 😂
lol, I don't expect you to take my word for it. Of course I love Regency Love, it's my book baby!!
ARC readers have begun leaving their reviews on Goodreads if you want to take a look.
But, by the time you read this, reviews should be going up in all the usual places. 

Added bonus; if you're reading this on release day, as planned (27th August 2019), you can still grab this (ebook) for the bargain price of 99c/99p! I mean it; that really is a bargain, this is a long book! 


Yes, 'tis I! 
Can I see a sample? 
Well, yes. You can actually see and hear me reading in a very plummy English accent on my IGTV and YoutTube Honestly, it's funny and well worth a watch! 

But here's a text snippet on Book Funnel (chapter 1 in its entirety as a pdf). 



Where can I buy it? 
I like to make my books available to all. 
So, if you follow this link, you can select your favourite book store.

But, if you want the direct Amazon ones, they are...
Amazon US
Amazon UK
Amazon Canada 
Amazon India

The paperback is also now available at Waterstones (as well as Amazon )






Thank you for your interest and support.

Always in love and light,
TL





No comments:

Post a Comment