Monday 5 August 2019

REVIEW - The Zen Detective - ooommmm

Date read: 4th August 2019

My rating: 4.5*

Genre I reckon: Detective Mystery

Buy link: Amazon






This book reads like an old-time smokey detective agency story, but with all mod cons. Marvellous!

Will was injured, well killed, on duty. Understandably, PTSD ensued. He's not undead or anything, by the way. They saved him; he just died for a moment.
He turns to Zen Buddhims, or at least meditation to help overcome said PTSD.

A mysterious woman seeks him out as he's on sick leave, and thus begins a most intriguing case.
Full of peril, drugs, a smidge of violence, prostitutes, mystery, cops...it's all here in wonderful detail.

Really well written. The author has really honed their craft in the making of this tome. Rounded characters that I felt invested in. Fab plot.

A 4.5* from me, along with a definite recommendation (obviously, as it's here on my blog; genuine recommend to a friend books only here).




Always in love and light,
TL

2 comments:

  1. You made my day. Thanks so much for reading and sharing your comments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww. You're welcome. I promise they're all genuine.

      Delete