Sunday 6 September 2020

PONDERINGS - A celebration, really

This weekend has been extraordinary!!

As a self-love warrior, I fully advocate celebrating one's achievements/successes. Let's face it, if you don't nobody else will! 

So, first...

Hubby and I celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary

Time truly does fly when you're having fun. It feels like just yesterday we had our ceremony at Exbury Gardens. It was a truly magickal day. By The Wiggly Tree, in a wooded glade, in front of one of the most majestic trees you will ever see, surrounded by our friends and family, serenaded by a string trio and birds, the leaves rustling through the leaves... we were united as man and wife. 

The Steps aka Boy and Girl (Hubby's children) were bridesmaid and pageboy. They both cried actual happy tears during the day, as did Hubby and I. My maid-of-honour's husband had to take a time out after the ceremony just to process and absorb the blessing. It was deeply moving. 

We were so blessed that day. To the extent there was even a double rainbow after a passing light shower (when we were under awnings, enjoying our bring-a-plate-picnic wedding breakfast). 🌈

And yet, it feels as if we have always been together. Our souls seemingly have known each other for aeons. I am grateful each and every day for being united with this quiet, unassuming man who is so supportive. He remains in the background - I write under a pseudonym, so his face doesn't get shown. But he's always there. 

OK, I'm getting super slushy. Well, I'm a romance author and it's a special occasion. But I will spare your blushes. Next!! 

Bestseller


Regency Love - Reflections of a Young Lady, has been celebrating its bookversary with a 99c/99p sale (if you're quick, you can still grab it). 

BookBub were kind enough to include this book in a Featured Deal, and with their help, Regency Love got not one, but THREE orange Amazon 'bestseller' banners! 😲 Yes, across multiple categories, this humble book got to the number one spot in the UK, Canada and Australia. Wowsers!!! 

At one point, there was my book, Georgette Heyer and then Jane Austen in a happy podium-esque line-up. Reviewers have compared me to these two amazing authors 😳 and the first and last scenes were written at Jane Austen House Museum. So, to sit alongside them was just the biggest honour ever 💓

Guest Blog


And, just because that wasn't quite enough 😵 Elephant Journal have now included my guest blog on their site (about bees). It, of course, ties into my latest book, Love Gaia - The Diary Directive. But is a topic close to my heart. I truly believe we need to do more to protect our stripey friends. 

By the way, I am hoping to start writing more guest blogs going forwards. I've started a 'Guest Blogs' page on this blog, so I can list them - do feel free to check in every so often. And it really helps if you can visit those blogs and give them some love, please 💖.


Suffice it to say, it's been phenomenal! (feel free to add a 'do doo doodo do', Muppet style) 😙
I'm still processing, tbh. I'm not used to such wonders. But maybe I should get used to it? 
I really hope this is the start of continued success. 
I mean, I've been patient enough, right? 7 years, 10 books. Could this be 'my time'? Stay tuned to find out! 

I'm going to end on a big THANK YOU! 😘
All these celebrations have not been for me alone. It's been for everyone involved and shared by my tribe. 
So many words of support and congratulations have flooded in, and it means the world to me to know I'm not alone in this crazy journey. Thank you for your kind words, purchases, reviews, shares etc. 
Truly - THANK YOU. Virtual champagne for everyone!!!
Always in love and light,
TL





No comments:

Post a Comment