Monday 30 August 2021

REVIEW - REALM BOOK 2 - Further fantastical fun

Realm - Ruler of the People, God of Death (book 2)

Date read: 30th August 2021

My rating: 4.5*
Genre I reckon: YA Fantasy with a centaur
Buy link: Amazon 




This book continues Lily's travels in Realm. And things haven't gotten any easier!
You'd think rescuing her long-lost dad would be it, but no. That was just the beginning of their problems because now the evil king has his sights set on the entire group. And he's not the only dangerous being in Realm! 

There's danger, death and drama galore. And a large dose of mixed feelings - well, when Lily is going through stuff, it's hard to sort through her warm fuzzies.
Oh, and there's a magic carpet - eep! And did I mention the monsters? And the centaur who's still yummy. 

Each chapter is titled with the person's POV we're viewing the story through. There's a whole host of characters and it was interesting to see the plot unfold through different eyes. 

All the characters have a history and depth. The scenes are described beautifully, including an Indian-influenced town. And I really felt like I was on this adventure with them, willing them to win the day. 

I might just let book 3 jump my TBR queue! 

If you love fantasy, you really need to read this series.


Always in love and light,
TL


No comments:

Post a Comment