Wednesday 13 October 2021

REVIEW - VARIANT LOST - various thoughts...

Variant Lost by Kaydence Snow

Date read: 13th October 2021

My rating: 4*
Genre I reckon: NA Reverse Harem
Buy link: Amazon 

Hmm... so, I read this as a polyamorous book. It's more reverse harem; one girl with multiple males. 

But, given the age of the characters, it's more New Adult as a category but it's written with a very YA feel. There are several scenes which build up steam but the old interrupt routine kicks in, which given my expectations, is disappointing. 

But, it does have plenty of excitement. Eve, who's been on the run since before she can remember - pretty much isolated with her mum as they moved from place to place. But then disaster strikes. 

Talk about finding yourself!

Poor Eve is put through the wringer as she discovers more and more about who she truly is. 

I love most of the characters. Oddly, Eve isn't really one of those; I just didn't warm to her. Given her upbringing, her reactions are understandable. But, meh, I don't know, she's just a bit of a contradiction. 

I did really enjoy Gabe's character - so reserved but bubbling beneath the façade.

And Ethan who's loveable underneath his playboy exterior. 

And Josh - just auugh; gorgeous! 

Sorry, but Alec is just an ahole! I love a bad boy, but he's not quietly brooding. Alec is just a hurtful, spiteful git! There is no excuse for his actions. 

And there's lots of things unanswered, but then it's the first of a series, so maybe those answers will come later.

Don't get me wrong, it was a thrilling story with plenty of action. I actually enjoyed it, hence my rating. I dug the X-Men vibe with a difference. And I'd recommend to a friend. I just think it could've been...more.




Always in love and light,
TL

No comments:

Post a Comment