Saturday 2 October 2021

REVIEW - HADES - hot as hell?

Hades by Carly Spade

Date read: 1st October 2021

My rating: 4*
Genre I reckon: Greek Godly Romance
Buy link: Amazon 



Well, what can I say? I really like that this Hades matches my own idea of him just doing a job and not really relishing it. After all, evil doesn't punish evil, right? 

And this Hades is beaten down and suffering. Understandable when his long-term wife's left him and everyone has always told him how worthless he is. 

But of course, as any good romance would have, there is a heroine who can save our tortured hero. And she's her own kind of hot mess. 

The steam takes a long time to build, but one is rewarded with a fiery scene worthy of the wait. 

I'll be honest; I wasn't expecting so much sweet and tame given the God of the Underworld is involved. But it was a nice surprise. Just not quite as hot as hell.

I would have liked more of the Underworld. More danger. More adjusting. 
The Dirty Dancing and 80s music bits were fun. 
Hades as Sawyer from Lost was quite pleasing too (*innocently whistles*).

A fun story that Greek mythology retelling lovers will enjoy. 


Always in love and light,
TL

No comments:

Post a Comment