Thursday 27 January 2022

REVIEW - ORC-WARD ENCOUNTERS - Roaringly Good!

Orc-Ward Encounters by Sam Hall

Date read: 27th January 2022

My rating: 4*
Genre I reckon: Steamy Orcs Polyamorous

Buy link: Amazon 


I'm not gonna lie - I saw this on TikTok and totally bought it for the cover - like, yes please!!

I think this is my first orc romance.

So, we have a plus-size heroine (yay!). She's repeatedly dismissed as 'the fat friend' (boo!). But she stumbles (literally!) into another realm, at the olive green feet of some hulks, err... hunks... orcs!

Now, these are very lovely orcs - yummy on all levels. They've been raised to worship their mate. They are brothers-in-arms only (phew!). And wow, do they know how to worship?! Heat scale is scorchio! 

Now, there's some instant love here. Yet they all have to take their time over first courting, and figure out how they can work as a team (*coughs* one at a time). 

The characters are well-written, but I never felt the relationship beyond the physical.  And I wish Lay-la had been a bit stronger in protecting herself. We're given some beautiful insights into both worlds, including a town of fantasy beings. But let's face it, this isn't a book you read for deep, meaningful storylines - it's mostly about the hotness. 

A fun, steamy read with gorgeous orcs.



Always in love and light,
TL





No comments:

Post a Comment