Saturday 10 December 2022

REVIEW - WINTER SOLSTICE MURDERS - A Magickal Mystery

Winter Solstice Murders by C Farren

Date read: 10th December 2022

My rating: 4*
Genre I reckon: Magickal Cosy Mystery

Buy link: Amazon 


Talking familiars and a murder mystery. I just had to read this one!

I really enjoyed the story. The magickal world in which it was set was maybe a little too similar to our own. It was more like a different realm of Earth imho. But familiars and magick are commonplace in Magpie Cove.

Death by tea; doesn't get much more cosy mystery than that, right? 

When Bea is illegally brought back to life, she's determined to discover who her murderer was before they can try again. 

tbh Bea isn't the most lovable character I've ever read. She's quite distanced from friends and family. But then that gives her several suspects to investigate, so I was intrigued to discover why. And Widdershins, her feline familiar, kept me reading. 

I wasn't really trying to solve the case as I was happy to go with the flow. But I didn't guess the culprit.

Having a middle aged heroine was refreshing. 

A fun, magickal mystery.



Always in love and light,

TL

No comments:

Post a Comment