Friday 5 April 2024

REVIEW - A MANOR OF LIFE AND DEATH - delicious chaos

A Manor of Life and Death by Kim M Watt

Date read: 5th April 2024

My rating: 5*
Genre I reckon: Chaos Mystery

Buy link: Amazon 


Phew! Thank goodness for the comforts of chaos Kim M Watt brings. I was in a reading slump, and needed a break from the romance section (*gasp*). Happily, I realised that I'd missed some Beaufort Scales books. They can be read as stand-alones, so it didn't overly matter that I read this out of order, although some things make more sense if you do. 

The WI and the dragons decide to go on a spa weekend, dragging DI Adams along with them. Lovely country manor house. "Yoghurt" (yoga). What could go wrong? 

Oh, you're new to this series, perhaps? Answer; only everything. LOL.

Fighting staff, dismal finances and a whole heap of shady guests. Throw in some protestors and many magickal folk, and you have even more chaos than usual. But whodunnit? 

Poor DI Adams!

I thoroughly enjoyed this mayhem. It's more chaos mystery than cosy mystery, I reckon. It's like whack-a-mole - deal with one problem and someone else sticks their nose in. And although it gets rowdy, there's no graphic violence or swearing.

There is, fortunately, always a good supply of cake to get through it all. 

Suddenly, my life feels a lot easier!?

I can't recommend this series enough, especially if you want a good laugh.



Always in love and light,
TL


No comments:

Post a Comment