Thursday 25 April 2024

REVIEW - RINGS OF LUST - O, my!

Rings of Lust by Finn Dixon

Date read: 21st April 2024

My rating: 5* (or should that be 16.033?)

Genre I reckon: M/M Gymnast Romance 

Buy link: Amazon 


OK, people, this one ends on a gut-wrenching cliffhanger. But I LOVED it. 

Two Olympic gymnasts - so, FIT bodies; great premise! One of them is in the closet, the other is out and proud. Yet, we learn that they each have their troubles. 

The timidity is super sweet. The steam super hot. 

It was fun to see the Olympics from the athletes' perspective too. I felt like I was there, and was cheering for the whole team. Except Luke's parents who were just jerks. 

There was a great mix of characters too, including best friends. And the banter was full-on. And oh, the puggles!!

I was so invested in these characters. They kept me awake. I HAD to keep reading to see how it'd all pan out.

A thrilling tale of secret love. And an awesome debut!



Floored By Love (Book 2)

Buy link: Amazon 

My rating: 4*



So, book 1 ended on that cliffhanger. And, tbh, I really went off Luke at the start. I understood his reasons, but seriously, get SOME contact. How much did he really want Cam? I just wanted to shake him by his burly shoulders!

It does get a bit D obsessed - all the characters. But it's kinda fun. 

Could Luke's mum really be so easily redeemed? "She hadn't been that bad." Um, yeah she had, dude!

BUT stick with it as there's a payoff. 



The Forever Vault (Book 3)

Buy link: Amazon 

My rating: 4.5*



The concluding book to this fun series. There's a LOT that goes on in this book. It starts with Cam being in the support seat, having not quite made the team. It's so sweet how he has to deal with his disappointment whilst being determined to be a good boyfriend. The guests at his hotel are a good distraction, at least. 

There are some things which have happened in between books, and I sometimes felt confused as there wasn't enough detail to bring me up to speed e.g. why is the bodyguard now there, exactly?

And some of the other characters have been on a massive 'journey' which I felt I'd missed. Like, I needed a book on the intervening years maybe? 

However, plenty of sweet moments as well as steamy ones. And I was still rooting for this pair. They're addictive! 


Overall, a fab series, and a great start for a new author. 




Always in love and light,

TL


No comments:

Post a Comment