Monday 1 February 2021

REVIEW - The Dragon Sleeps - kept me awake

 

Date read: 31st January 2021

My rating: 4*
Genre I reckon: Mystery in a flapper dress
Buy link: Amazon 

Follow the author: Ellen Read



Ooh, this book was hard to put on - I read late into the night! 

It took a little while to get going but the lead-up was interesting. 

Alexandra is a girl in changing times - 1927, Victoria, Australia to be precise. She isn't fond of the society scene and has her sights on going into her father's antique business (gasp). And has a mind of her own (gasps again).

One weekend starts a chain of events in motion and wakes the sleeping dragon! A Chinese mystery begins to unfold. Plotting, avarice and death ensue. 

Alexandra holds her own, but Benedict is a charming hero. Whilst her best friend, Edith, is understandably frightened. 

Flowers scent the scenes beautifully, and I felt like I was there. Wonderful description and characters. 

Who can one trust? 
And who is Yazi? 

An elegantly conducted murder mystery with evocative story-telling. Well worth a read.


Always in love and light,
TL




No comments:

Post a Comment