Thursday 18 February 2021

About TL Clark - author bio - who am I?

 


It just occurred to me that I've not written a proper blog post about myself. There's a bio 'page', but it's in Blogger format and looks a bit poopey, to be honest. 

So, here we go. 

If you look on social media, you will find my 'author bio' which reads something like...

TL Clark is a British author who stumbles through life as if it were a gauntlet of catastrophes.
Rather than playing the victim, she uses these unfortunate events to fuel her passion for writing, for reaching out to help others.

She writes about different kinds of love in the hope that she'll uncover its mysteries.

Her loving husband (and very spoiled cat) have proven to her that true love really does exist.
Writing has shown her that coffee may well be the source of life.

 The short version: 

Best-selling, award-winning, British author writing heart-racing, tear-inducing tales of love.

To date, I have ten novels and one short story out. Most are stand alones, each looking at a different kind of love. I hop around the romance sub-genres like a loved up froggy. More details about all my books can be found here.

Honestly, there's contemporary romance, paranormal, inspirational, suspense and historical. 

Fair enough, that may be all readers need/want to know. But it's not the whole me. I'm so much more than that. 

In trying to give a fuller picture of myself, the phrase "it's complicated" springs to mind. There are many facets to me. Who am I? LOL - I still want to say 24601 - thanks Les Misérables 🤣

Work wise, I used to be a full-time administrator (for more years than I care to think - let's just say over twenty) - this is also the why of the "Clark" (clerk) bit in my pseudonym btw. 

But I'm also a trained counsellor, holistic therapist and Reiki master. Oh, and a hedge witch i.e. I like using herbs to heal. 

From my holistic side, comes things such as my self-talk talk (inspired by my book Self Love) - this can be found on my IGTV and YouTube.

And my meditations - FREE on the Insight Timer app. These meditations are available to all. There's currently titles of: "Shut Off And Sleep", "Gently Wake Up And Shine", "Reconnecting With Your Creative Flow" and "Chakra Clearing & Balancing".

I'm married to the very lovely, supportive Hubby. At the time of writing, we've been married for ten years, together fourteen. Where does the time go? We live in the south of England. 

And, until the other day, Pusskin owned us (see previous post for details on the grief of my familiar). She was with us for around eleven years, but was sixteen years old (we rescued her, or she rescued me).

Hubby has two children, whom you will see me refer to as The Steps (one writes under a pseudonym, plus they'd be incredibly embarrassed to be named). 

The Steps are all grown up now. Boy is at uni and Girl is hopefully heading off to one in October (The Virus permitting). They're amazing - good, honest, loving. But that's all the info you really get - I respect their privacy. 

I love animals. Growing up, we had an Alsatian dog (GSD is the correct term these days) and a cat. My best friend had a horse, and in my teens I was a keen horse-rider. I even won a couple of rosettes in show jumping. With Hubby, we've had a rabbit, two guinea pigs and a cat. 

If you ask me what religion I follow, I would say I'm "spiritual". This is by no means a cop-out. I just sort of borrow bits and pieces to create my own thing. A lot is based on Buddhism, but there's a lot of witchery too (not Wiccan). My love for Earth is perhaps my main focus - how to live in harmony with Gaia and all beings who live on this little planet.

The witch part of all that is of the hedge variety - I mainly use herbs (grown in my own garden) for healing. 

Food is also important to me. Hubby and I lost lots of weight a few years ago, and we have lots of fun exploring cuisines. We try to be healthy still, but y'know stress eating is a thing! Coffee is my writing fuel, and nobody wants to see me before I've had my first cup of the day (it's not pleasant!). But I'm British, so English Breakfast Tea also gets drunk - I'm inclusive like that 😉

My favourite quote is from HH Dalai Lama ~ 

Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. 

Each morning, I try to post a positive post on my Instagram account. This is followed by something bookish and maybe something more personal. But the positivity thing is important. As cliché as it sounds, I like to help people. That's why you'll find writing tips and book reviews on this blog. And I have a Facebook group to unite readers, writers and bloggers.

Self-love is so important that I even wrote a novel about it. It's one of my most important life lessons.


Overarching all of this, I am a writer. It's just who I am and what I do now. 


Always in love and light,

TL




No comments:

Post a Comment