Sunday 11 July 2021

REVIEW - Trafficked - go get 'em!

Trafficked by Wendy Hewlett

Date read: 11th July 2021

My rating: 4.5*
Genre I reckon: Sex Crimes Detectives with Romance
Buy link: Amazon 


Have I told you yet how much I love this series? I think I have. It's a lot!

Trafficked is book 4. 
Based in Toronto, abuse survivor, Taylor Sinclair is on the case again. Along with DS Chris Cain and a host of other characters, the reader is put through their paces. 

As the title suggests, human trafficking is the main focus of this book - and it is a hard read in that respect but an important one. It shows the horrors of the illegal trade in humans. 

However, we're also given beautiful insights into Taylor and Cail's relationship as they rebuild their trust. 
Chris also develops her relationship with Kate. And challenges her abusive father as he runs for office.
And Gray makes welcome appearances too.
There's even a non-binary character in this book. 
I love how the LGBTQ+ characters slot into the story without ceremony - all characters get their fair share of the story.

I am fully invested in all the characters by now. And as I've come to expect from this author, it's brilliantly written. The plot drives on at a relentless pace without being rushed. 

A real quest for justice and a must read!


Always in love and light,
TL






No comments:

Post a Comment