Saturday 11 September 2021

REVIEW - Wake Up Alpha - didn't let me sleep!

Wake Up Alpha by Anna Fury (ARC read)

Date read: 11th September 2021

My rating: 4.5*
Genre I reckon: Omegaverse
Buy link: Amazon - pre-order now for 16th Sep release


Phewee!! Who doesn't love a kickass heroine and a wounded hero? 
OMG, I consumed page after page, willing the author not to turn this awesome girl (Penelope) into a simpering victim. Without spoilers, she didn't and I love her for it!

Having read book 1, my expectations were now set. And this book exceeded them. 
Samson - OMG, Samson! I could just hug him. Maybe then climb him like a tree ;-) 
And Penny is fiery af in all the best ways. 
Their hurdles are realistic and heart-wrenching. When they have issues, they talk about them - there's a wonderful lack of severe misunderstanding; hoorah!

We are let into the pack a little deeper with book 2. There are abilities which come to light. And heck, they just make these hornbeasts even hotter in my eyes!! 

Followers of my reviews know how rare my 5* ratings are, and this very almost got one! 
But it's an excellent 4.5* from me.
However, I'm already itching for the next book, so maybe that'll clinch that final half?  

You like shifter romance? Paranormal? Omegaverse? 
If you don't already, you will by the end of this book. 

*I was privileged to receive an ARC of this book, but my review is all my own, honest opinion


Always in love and light,
TL




No comments:

Post a Comment