Monday 13 June 2022

REVIEW - WOLF AT THE DOOR - it's alright noooow


Wolf at the Door by CA Hall

Date read: 13th June 2022

My rating: 3.5*

Genre I reckon: f/f shifter romance

Buy link: Amazon 


It's Pride Month, and I realised that I've read a heap of m/m romance lately, but have neglected f/f - oops!

I really wanted to like this one more. But a couple of things held me back. 

I loved the premise; a strong, female wolf shifter with alpha potential. And both ladies had already come out, so it wasn't a story about that i.e. not cliché. Everyone around them seem supportive of their sexuality; hoorah. 

This is a story about Alison - a human. Hm, this could be problematic when a she-wolf decides Alison is her mate!

A journey of self-discovery? I think that's what I'd call it. 

The pair don't face any major challenges. There is a lack of tension, chemistry and intensity I'd expect in a shifter book. And there's only one, tame bedroom scene. However, there is a sweetness which develops between the pair, after some initial animosity.

I personally found the references to "pelt" jarring. It's what the wolves call their furry selves. However, that word is more associated with dead animals. 

It's nice. A quick, easy, sweet read. Give it a go. I may be getting fussy!

3.5* from me.



Always in love and light,

TL

No comments:

Post a Comment