Wednesday 21 June 2023

REVIEW - NOT ALL HIMBOS WEAR CAPES - pow; epic enemies to lovers!


Not All Himbos Wear Capes by C Rochelle

Date read: 21st June 2023

My rating: 5*
Genre I reckon: m/m daddy super heroes vs villains

Buy link: Amazon 



OMG this book - wow, pow, zap, kapow!
I am totally blown away. My inner geek is satisfied.

It is super cute - cue Captain Masculine with his non-swears e.g. Sugar Honey Iced Tea. Plus, as he's such a good boy, he's also a virgin.
But with great power comes the great need to offload all of the control onto a Daddy, apparently.
“Sucky. I sharply inhaled, realizing I’d just thought a word that was dangerously close to…a swear. I’M PRACTICALLY A VILLAIN!”

It is super hot - cue the villain who's there for the domineering.
Oh, those steam scenes are HOT! And yet tender.
"There was so much feral hope in his expression that I wanted to wrap him up in a fluffy blanket and pet him until he purred. Jesus, maybe I was adopted."

Alter egos are firmly in place so as not to alert the normies. However, this means the two MCs are completely unaware they are dating the enemy as they hook up via a dating app. Talk about enemies to lovers!

And it reads like a comic book, albeit one with the steam turned all the way up. Like a super slutty gay Superman. 

All of this along with the snark makes it super funny too. 

And there's even a fab plot. 
Superb world-building and characters who leave you questioning the ultimate question of good vs evil. 

You seriously need to read this one. I'm super happy there's already a book 2.


Always in love and light,
TL



No comments:

Post a Comment