Wednesday 21 August 2024

REVIEW - LETTERS - Heart-wrenching Healing

Letters by Michael Robert

Date read: 21st August 2024

My rating: 5*
Genre I reckon: M/M Healing Romance 
Buy link: Amazon 


Wow! This is a very special book (I read the combined duology), and I feel honoured to have read it. 

Full disclosure: I bought this months ago but had to wait for the right time in my own grief cycle before reading, as I did actually use this to help heal myself too. 

This book deep-dives into the grief process. It is heart-achingly poignant. The author takes you through the trauma of loss. BUT also, the beauty of healing. 

Perry was devastated at the loss of his husband, Jack. But he'd left Perry a letter just in case he went first. And that letter sent him on a road trip. Where he encounters some Divinely placed people with mystical talents. 

It is a voyage of finding oneself, really. Perry undergoes a transformation as he heals. And it really was beautiful to see. 

 And Lucas also undergoes grief and renewal as he faces his own challenges. 

The characters are all well-developed. The emotions are fully expressed - and there are joyful moments too. Very well-written. I sobbed at Jack's special bit (no spoilers). 

Jack is a wonderful, spiritual presence - maybe the overarching hero of this duology tbh; an incredibly special guy.

A lot gets explored; good families, bad ones, found family too. Work ethic. How to live well. Adversity. Homophobes. General gits. Overcoming so many obstacles. 

There is just so much love contained within these pages. 

Now, I just need to buy me a beach house!!



Always in love and light,
TL

No comments:

Post a Comment