Sunday 17 January 2021

REVIEW - Death at the Frost Fair - brrrilliant

Date read: 16th January 2021

My rating: 5*
Genre I reckon: Historical Detective Short
Buy link: Amazon 

Follow the author: Karen Charlton



As someone with cockney heritage, I LOVE that this book is set around Blackfriars. It gets into the bowels of London, not the polished front of Regency romance. 

The Frost Fair was a real event and yes, an elephant really did cross the Thames on the ice in 1814! 😲
It's fabulous that this real event offers a colourful backdrop for this tale. 

And it's a great story. The characters are well-developed within the space of this short story. At no point did I feel any details were missing or skipped over. There's a realism here that I found refreshing.
Detective Lavender is a stern chap: Holmes-esque in his methodical manner.

Thoroughly intriguing and enjoyable! 


Always in love and light,
TL

No comments:

Post a Comment