Monday 10 February 2020

JOURNAL - The Fat Girl's Guide to Loving Your Body - entry 12

Book available to buy here

Entry 11 - Be Kind

I know I've used this image before but it's so good and is one that is a constant companion in my life. It was even my screensaver when I worked in an office. 
BE KIND WHENEVER POSSIBLE - IT IS ALWAYS POSSIBLE! 
So simple yet so tricky. 
Yes, it's always possible. You just may not always feel like doing it. 

I once had a driver badly cut me up - my braking saved a nasty accident. 
Yet, I took a very deep breath and wished the other driver who sped away love and light. 
I prayed their life would improve - if they are less stressed/hurried then they're less likely to be involved in another near miss or worse. 
And I felt better! The good intentions calmed me. 
After all, my anger would go nowhere - they wouldn't know. It'd just eat away at me. 
So, it CAN happen! It takes practice. And I'll admit I'm a bit out of practice at the moment. 
I don't know if maybe my hormones are starting to bubble over as I age, or what but I do seem to have a shorter fuse again at the moment. 

Talking of being kind, This Morning (British daytime TV programme) run a #bekind campaign to help stop bullying.


I'd like to expand on kindness a little further here with RAOK 
(a Random Act Of Kindness)

This can be as simple as you like and can cost nothing e.g. check in on an elderly neighbour, especially if the weather's iffy. 
Or maybe buy a friend a random bunch of flowers. 
Call a relative or friend - on the actual phone!
Buy a homeless person a coffee/sandwich (don't give money though).
Post a thank you on social media.
Leave a review for a good book 😉
Compliment someone - especially fun on a passing stranger in the street!
Bake for neighbours/colleagues.
You get the idea.

True story:
I was queued behind a mum and her young daughter in a gift shop at Christmas. I overheard their conversation; the daughter was trying to add her gift for her mum to her purchases as she didn't personally have enough money, but didn't want her mum to see it or know how much it was. 
Being a sticky-beak, I noticed it was all of £1.50 and found this whole set up rather sweet. 
However, the dumbass cashier completely misunderstood the instruction and ran the gift through separately and completely ruined the surprise in the girl's eyes. 
So, out came £1.50 from my purse, and it travelled into the girl's hand. I tried to whisper, "Here, give this to your mummy as she shouldn't have to buy her own Christmas present." 
Obviously, the mum, seeing a stranger near her offspring had ear like a hawk and heard what I said. 
"Oh my God, that's the sweetest thing," she blubbed, "I can't believe it. Thank you so much. You just made my year!"
£1.50 bought me happy tears! This poor woman had obviously had a really shit year and I brought happiness to her dented heart 💗 
Lesson: you never know what a huge impact your tiny deed may have. 

I often leave my change at the till to put towards the next person in the queue behind me (unless they seem like an arsehole - my generosity doesn't stretch to them yet!). 

Honestly; try it. 
It gives me such warm fuzzies. 


Always in love and light,
TL

No comments:

Post a Comment