Thursday 13 February 2020

JOURNAL - The Fat Girl's Guide to Loving Your Body - entry 13 (last one!)

Book available to buy here

Entry 13 - My Tribe


Aww, look at my happy gang. 
This photo was actually taken a while back. A whole bunch of us got together and did some planetary lightwork near Stonehenge. 
Now, some of you may be glazing over and wondering what the hell I just said. 
Well, it doesn't matter, really. 
What's important is that this is a selection of my like-minded friends; my soul tribe. 
"Vibe with your tribe" really is good advice. 
When I did my 2nd Reiki degree with a lovely lady, I met some fab new friends who understood me. More importantly, helped me accept the slightly odd journey I was on and accept I wasn't alone or completely losing my marbles. 
I did more courses with said lovely lady and made more friends. And through them, more. My reach then extended further again. I even reunited with a wonderful friend I studied counselling with; we'd lost touch but haven't since. 

I feel so loved an supported by this gang. 

And so it is with my writing tribe. 
I have some great author friends. It's so important; writing can be lonely and isolating. And nobody else truly understands your nuances. But other writers will! 
I think my 'Interview With an Author' series showed that nicely. 
So, where do you find these wonderful people? We're all over social media! 
On Facebook, I run the Indie Coffee Lounge to bring writers/readers/bloggers together. 
And the very author of this book I'm journalling from runs 'Indie Author Support'.
There's lots out there - just search for your genre and join groups. 
I found Instagram a wonderful, friendly place to connect with authors too btw. 

So, go out, do things you like and maybe find like-minded souls in the process. 


Always in love and light,
TL

No comments:

Post a Comment