Friday 7 February 2020

JOURNAL - The Fat Girl's Guide to Loving Your Body - entry 11

Book available to buy here

Entry 10 - Fashion

(*sings*) "She's in fashion..." 🎶

I have long since made peace with my "weird" (means wise woman originally; the pointy hat fits!) 
And thus, my clothes are whatever make me feel good. 

But let's take a step back...under here...
Good clothes start with good underwear. Especially for the more amply busted ladies; the girls need good support - for comfort and for clothes hanging. 
I go on fairly regular pilgrimages to Brighton as that's the home of a Bravissimo - they do very good measuring and have fab bras. 
My bra size is considered 'plus size' - I really wish they'd look their size, but hey, I digress. 
A lot of shops don't go above (UK) DD 😲 And when they do, the bras are plain and boring, like big boobs don't want pretty things! 😡 It's like KL was saying in her book about plus size clothes. just in underwear. 
However, Bravissimo do many sizes AND in pretty. Yep, I just linked so you can take a look if you're in need of fab bras. They actually also do fab clothes in different 'curvy' sizes, to fit your boobs and waist nicely. 

Right, so once you've got the right underpinning, it's time to find outerwear. 
Jeans - bane of my life! I have long legs, smaller waist, big hips and my lower back goes in 🙈
However, I DO manage to find jeans to fit. I have a few stores I will try first now, but it took a while to find them. 

There's not many things I won't wear. It's all personal taste for me. 
I move in 'holistic' circles and they kinda expect me to dress in tie-dye. Yeah, I have a couple of pieces but don't expect it all the time. 
I try to shop ethically too - at least avoiding the child/slave labour products. That's not always easy as it's not obvious - well, they wouldn't want to advertise their awful human rights infringements, eh? 

Last year I worked a LOT of temp jobs. And I got a good deal on my (long-moaned-about) new house roof. So, I treated myself to a FABULOUS coat...
Now, a lot of people I see (at work), raise their eyebrows and say stuff like, "Now, THAT's a coat," or "You won't get lost in a crowd, will you?" - this is British for, holy fuck, what the hell are you wearing? Know what? I couldn't give a tiny rat's arse!! 
This coat is super comfy and I think it's super gorgeous. 
I don't give a shit what they decide to wear. 
Mind you, it was quite nice when I wore it round Bath and lots of people stopped me to compliment my magick coat (of 2 colours) and ask where I bought it - genuine compliments! I may need to move there?! 


Some of my dressy-upy moments
Sorry - I tend to only have photos on special occasions.
That bottom left dress is one of my faves - it has pockets!!! 

Anyway, yeah, I don't conform. I wear what I like! 

I did actually look for a bikini shot but I only have legs in those!? Will get more in the future! 


Simples! 

Always in love and light,
TL

No comments:

Post a Comment