Monday 27 January 2020

JOURNAL - The Fat Girl's Guide to Loving Your Body - entry 6

Book available to buy here

Entry 6 - List; all the diets

Over the years I did try a few diets. Let's see...

The Special K Diet
The one where you eat that bland, bran cereal for breakfast and lunch, then have a "normal" dinner.
I was hungry, bored, irritable and it did nothing!? 

Slimfast - just bleurgh. It was before their snacks. It was just icky shakes. 
The Juice Diet
7 days of nothing but juices. 
To be fair, this was more for charity and I raised money, so yay. 
But OMG this was awful!! I MISSED CHEWING!!! 
Some juices were nicer than others. Most were moderately tasty.
But it cost a fortune (bought a snazzy juicer which has never been used since and a supermarket's worth of fruit & veg). 
My skin didn't clear up, I didn't feel energised but I did lose a bit of weight (the 7lbs in 7 days as predicted). 
BUT it all came back on after as, yep, I started eating my usual things again (*smacks head*). 

Hubby tried and failed a whole lot more. 

Here's what I found - the more I tried to diet the more weight I put on. 
What?? 
Yep. Because my main focus shifted TO food and then I deprived myself of it, I was constantly worried I didn't have any. So I ended up snacking MORE. And bingeng. 



However, I then tried Slimming World. 
Now, Hubby and I went together and did it our own way. 
Neither of us believe in sweeteners (nasty things!). 
BUT it DID make us say goodbye to Takeaway Friday 😭 JustEat had turned this into a habit - we didn't even have to leave our safe, warm house. Food just magickally appeared!? Ever had healthy takeaway?? Nope! 

Another big change was sugar. 
I reduced my orange juice - this was just as we all became aware of the pitfalls of this healthy juice!
I also reduced the sugar in my (black) coffee from 2 to 1. 
And the evening sweets (candy) were given the heave-ho. 

We started playing with food - cooking with fresh ingredients (not jars or ready meals). 
We found healthy food we enjoyed eating and could eat forever. 

We found going to group each week and being weighed held us accountable and we were part of a club - others were in the same boat and we could support one another.

And we started exercising. I introduced yoga and pilates into my life and discovered I enjoy jogging 😯 Who knew? 

So, I lost 2.5 stone and Hubby lost 5.5 stone. 

I appreciate it's not for everyone. But it helped us. And we've mostly kept it off.
These days, I try to keep the weight off to stay in the same size clothes (buying a couple of different "wardrobes" during my weightloss was expensive!) and to be healthy. 
Last year was an eye-opener when my back "went" - it's vital to keep my joints supple to avoid that agony! 

Pretty sure I've covered this already, but hey, I'm doing my homework like a good girl. 



Always in love and light,
TL

No comments:

Post a Comment