Friday 24 January 2020

REVIEW - Fairy Tales for Millenials - huff and puff and...

 Date read: 24th January 2020 (1st review of the year!)

My rating: 5*

Genre I reckon: Satirical Fairytales 

Buy link: Amazon






This book was actually a Christmas present from my mother-in-law, bless her. 

I'll start by saying this book made me actually lol 😂
I'm not a Millenial btw, I'm a Gen X (often forgotten about - middle child syndrome!) 

Anyway...
This book takes some of the most infamous fairy tales and gives them a modern twist. 
Gone are outdated viewpoints! 
They have forms of social media and even Ogre Eats in Fairyland now, you know 👍

Look, different people are going to find different stories here funnier than others. It's all personal taste. 

Cinderella may have been my fave, but she always has been.
Only now, she gets full on independent princess status, lol. 

Sleeping Beauty is totally woke! 
Booyakasha (or whatever the young people say now!?).  

Kudos on the non-evil stepmother btw 😉

I feel sorry for the poor wolves - there's clearly still more work to be done on wolf/human relations. Haha! 

I read the original Grimm's tales btw - they were terribly gruesome. 
These are far more light-hearted. 
Give this book a go for a giggle. 


Always in love and light,
TL






No comments:

Post a Comment